What type of courses count into the 30 ECTS necessary in “Spezielle Kenntnisse 1” to apply for the program?
The admissions Committee has the final decision on whether a course is recognised as quantitative or not. Please provide a description on the content of the courses, especially if it is not clear.
Courses that are usually recognised as quantitative:
- All mathematics, statistics and econometrics courses
- All courses that focus predominantly on mathematics, statistics or econometrics
- Computer courses in statistical software, e.g. R, STATA, SPSS
Courses that are partly recognised as quantitative:
- Computer science courses
- Logic courses
Courses that are not recognised as quantitative:
- Courses without an examination or without an existing examination result
- All courses that are not predominantly focused on mathematics, statistics or econometrics.
- Game Theory
- Operations Research
- Macroeconomics, microeconomics and other economics courses
- Activities as tutors or working students
- Courses from non-governmental accredited higher education institutions, e.g. EdX, Coursera, Udacity and others.