Is it possible to obtain credits for external courses that are not equivalent to courses of the corresponding universities?

For the Überfachlicher Wahlbereich (ÜWP), there exists a module that can be used to credit courses from other universities, e.g. a Chinese culture class in Hong Kong. This can be done for all ECTS in the ÜWP. It has to be approved the examination committee.