The fourth Jour Fixe will take place on Monday April 29th at 5:30 p.m. in room 22 (HU Berlin, Spandauer Str. 1). The Jour Fixe offers a great opportunity for informal exchange between lectures and students. Especially regarding the introduction of new specialization areas such as “Data Science” and general feedback about the courses and the structure of the master program.
Afterwards, at around 6:30 p.m., the new professor for statistics, Sonja Greven will talk about Statistical methods for functional and object data
Traning courses during the semester break are offered by FU:stat. The courses are concerned with programming (R, SPSS) and hypothesis testing and more.
The complete course list with additional information can be found here.
Prof. Dr. Nadja Klein is offering a master thesis topics at the Chair of Statistics.
- Modelling Income Inequality with Conditional Transformation Models
- Bayesian Nonparametric Conditional Density Estimators
- Distributional Joint Modelling
- Probabilistic Weather Forecasts
- Approximations of Normalizing Constants in Doubly-Intractable Likelihoods
- Effect Fusion of Categorical Predictors
- Effect Selection in Semiparametric Quantile Regression Models
- Measuring the Explained Variance in Structured Additive Distributional Regression
- Bayesian Hierarchical Modelling of Hedonic Housing Prices
- Comparisons and Implementation of Non-Local Shrinkage Priors
- Variational Bayes Methods with Data-Subsampling
- Trivariate Conditional Copula Regression with Arbitrary Link Functions
- Slice sampling for Variance Parameters
- Hamiltonian Monte Carlo Sampler with Dual Averaging
Suggestion of own topics in the areas of Bayesian Statistics, Computational Methods, applications on distributional regression or Machine Learning are welcome.
The winter term 2018/19 course list is now online. You can find it here. Note that room/dates may change!
Open day presentation of the Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS) of University of Mannheim at Oct 26 2018. If you plan on beginning a PhD the open day is a great opportunity to inform yourself about the possibilities at GESS.
To register for the Open Day, send an email to email@example.com no later than August 15, 2018.
The third Jour Fixe will take place on Wednesday May 16th at 5 p.m. in room H1028 (TU Berlin). The Jour Fixe offers a great opportunity for an informal exchange between lectures and students. Especially regarding the introduction of new specialization areas such as “Data Science” and general feedback about the courses and the structure of the master program.
Afterwards, at around 6 p.m., Rémy Slama (INSERM and Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Grenoble) will give a talk with the title Characterizing the effect of multiple environmental exposures on health: methodological challenges, and first results of Helix early-life Exposome project.
Note that the date has changed from May 14th to May 16th!
On behalf of the German Statistical Society the Chair of Applied
Statistics in Social Sciences, Economics and Business at LMU Munich
organizes a workshop on Statistical Network Data Analysis. The workshop
is free of charge and will take place on September 20, 2018 at the
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich. In case you are interested,
please send an informal mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information online see http://www.en.wisostat.statistik.uni-muenchen.de/workshop.