Prof. Nadja Klein (JP Applied Statistics) is looking for a student assistant. For more information about the job, please see the official job offer.
Note that this offer is directed only at students that are already employed at the HU.
Prof. Dr. Nadja Klein is offering a master thesis topics at the Chair of Statistics.
- Modelling Income Inequality with Conditional Transformation Models
- Bayesian Nonparametric Conditional Density Estimators
- Distributional Joint Modelling
- Probabilistic Weather Forecasts
- Approximations of Normalizing Constants in Doubly-Intractable Likelihoods
- Effect Fusion of Categorical Predictors
- Effect Selection in Semiparametric Quantile Regression Models
- Measuring the Explained Variance in Structured Additive Distributional Regression
- Bayesian Hierarchical Modelling of Hedonic Housing Prices
- Comparisons and Implementation of Non-Local Shrinkage Priors
- Variational Bayes Methods with Data-Subsampling
- Trivariate Conditional Copula Regression with Arbitrary Link Functions
- Slice sampling for Variance Parameters
- Hamiltonian Monte Carlo Sampler with Dual Averaging
Suggestion of own topics in the areas of Bayesian Statistics, Computational Methods, applications on distributional regression or Machine Learning are welcome.
The winter term 2018/19 course list is now online. You can find it here. Note that room/dates may change!